About Me

My photo
This blog is a personal space where I can post some of my photos and talk about some of my favorite things. I have many interests, including, but not limited to: The Western Mystery Tradition, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Modern Chinese Medicine, Photography, Music, Chess, Computers, ad infinitum..... I love to read, hate television, but do enjoy good movies. Newest entries are always posted on the top of page.

Friday, November 25, 2005

I May Have To Revise My Opinion

It’s been awhile since I gave a listen to Jonny Lang’s cd “Wander This World” which I gave a spin this morning. I’ve always said that Greg Allman is the only white guy who can authentically sing the blues. Don’t get me wrong I love the white boy blues as performed by Clapton, Page, Johnny Winter and others but they are more to be admired as blues guitarists. Even Clapton himself has said he doesn’t really consider himself a vocalist. Lang’s vocal talents are incredibly showcased on the above-mentioned cd, which though not as popular as his first couple of albums far surpasses them in range and depth. Don’t believe me, just give it a listen some time.    

No comments: