About Me

My photo
This blog is a personal space where I can post some of my photos and talk about some of my favorite things. I have many interests, including, but not limited to: The Western Mystery Tradition, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Modern Chinese Medicine, Photography, Music, Chess, Computers, ad infinitum..... I love to read, hate television, but do enjoy good movies. Newest entries are always posted on the top of page.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Hanging Out With Jimmy Page

Ross Halfin’s entertaining blog had a post on November 14th on which he says, “…Go to see Jamie Cullum with Jimmy (Page) at the Albert Hall….I get Jimmy to sign my hardback copy of Hammer Of The Gods (I think it's the only copy he's ever signed). He signed it "Maleus Malificarum".….”

Cool insight into Jimmy’s subtle sense of humor here. "Malleus Maleficarum (1486) is the best known (i.e., the most infamous) of the witch-hunt manuals. Written in Latin, the Malleus was first submitted to the University of Cologne on May 9th, 1487. The title is translated as "The Hammer of Witches". Written by James Sprenger and Henry Kramer (of which little is known), the Malleus remained in use for three hundred years. It had tremendous influence in the witch trials in England and on the continent." It’s good to see that Jimmy hasn’t lost his sense of humor. He could be forgiven a bit of animosity towards the above-mentioned infamous book by Stephen Davis but it’s evident he’s able to shine the light of humor instead…cool.

No comments: