About Me

My photo
This blog is a personal space where I can post some of my photos and talk about some of my favorite things. I have many interests, including, but not limited to: The Western Mystery Tradition, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Modern Chinese Medicine, Photography, Music, Chess, Computers, ad infinitum..... I love to read, hate television, but do enjoy good movies. Newest entries are always posted on the top of page.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Dark Lens

Unfortunately right now my lens onto the world is a bit dark. I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C around 6-7 years ago. Have had two liver biopsies in the interim the last one almost 3 yrs ago. At that time I was told the biopsy scored a one, on a scale of one to four. Was told that since the damage was minimal it would be ok to postpone interferon treatment in the hopes of the development of other drugs that may be more tolerable and effective. This I readily agreed to since I did briefly try interferon when initially diagnosed around 1998 or 1999. I only gave the treatment about a two week trial and then discontinued it since I found I was unable to work while admininistering the interferon injections. Over the last 5 years I have experienced periods of extreme fatigue, achiness (almost feels like the flu but different) and even RUQ abdomen pain. These symptoms have increased in severity and frequency, so much so that my Doctor has taken me off work for several weeks this past month. This last bout has been so severe I am seriously now considering requesting interferon treatment. I am waiting for a referral to a hepatologist in a metropolitan area near where I live, should be seeing him in the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

carol said...

Love your taste in music, catch you on the forum!
Carol

MartinB said...

Hi RL,
Welcome to blogging!
Link going in from my site!
See you around!
Martin

PS Do you know your genotype yet?

RegentLynx said...

Hey Martin,

No I still don't know my genotype. I will ask for this test when I get the referral to the hepatologist. Still waiting for an appt.

Anonymous said...

I know some days are harder then others but just keep up the good fight!:)You always have ben and still are my hero!Just keep taking it day by day!I'll pray that tommarows a better day for you like I always do!

Anonymous said...

Well I haven't posted anything yet because I always see you...LUCKY ME! The road we travel together will be a long one, but, it will also always be filled with adventure. I love you Allan and keep writing.
Linda