About Me

My photo
This blog is a personal space where I can post some of my photos and talk about some of my favorite things. I have many interests, including, but not limited to: The Western Mystery Tradition, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Modern Chinese Medicine, Photography, Music, Chess, Computers, ad infinitum..... I love to read, hate television, but do enjoy good movies. Newest entries are always posted on the top of page.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life Lessons


Chronic illness definitely forces one to be a bit more introspective. It’s a common aphorism, “that “everything happens for a reason”. I’ve often felt the need to attempt to understand what lessons the Holy Guardian Angel was trying to impart to me through this long battle with chronic illness? I’m a long way from having the definitive answers but was touched by the following quotes, which I recently found online from the beloved Ann Davies,



"Reexamine yesterday and recognize that everything that happened was a blessing beyond description. This is true whether you lost the love of your life, whether an illness left you disabled, your business failed, etc. It was a glorious experience because it was part of the process of becoming. Life is not static. It is coming through rough periods that brings you to glory and fulfillment. Without yesterday's sorrow you'd be incapable of tomorrow's joys. However, with some of us tomorrow's joys might take several incarnations to experience unless we get busy right now and make them our real tomorrows, which it is in our power to do. Remember that.

We must re-examine our reactions to yesterday, to the past, and affirm that the past has deepened the cup of our capacity to love. It gave us insight. It taught us how to walk instead of fall. It taught us how to see things we would not otherwise have seen. Therefore it was well worth it……”


No comments: