About Me

My photo
This blog is a personal space where I can post some of my photos and talk about some of my favorite things. I have many interests, including, but not limited to: The Western Mystery Tradition, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Modern Chinese Medicine, Photography, Music, Chess, Computers, ad infinitum..... I love to read, hate television, but do enjoy good movies. Newest entries are always posted on the top of page.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Discontinuing the Chinese Medicine for now.

Well, after weighing all the factors I have decided to discontinue Dr Zhang’s herbal protocol for now. I felt great on the Chinese Medicine for about 6-8 months and then they seemed to no longer have any effect. Thus, due to the very high cost of the protocol (close to $300/month) I can no longer justify the expense. Plus there’s the factor of even though I do seem to feel somewhat better at times when I take the Chinese Medicine my liver enzymes have continued to elevate and as Ron Metcalfe commented on my last post, “I felt better when I did TCM. However my ALT's kept elevating and I could never rule them out as the protagonist.”
Thus, for now I’ve decided to discontinue the Chinese Medicine and then have my liver enzymes retested in three months to see if perhaps there is a correlation?
Having said all that, however, I can’t deny the amazing healing effects I experienced with the Chinese Medicine last October/November 2005 when I was the sickest. I felt much better within two weeks of beginning the Chinese Medicine. Maybe, the CM is better for short term healing and not so much for long term use. At any rate, I am glad I gave it a try, as I can say for certain I am much healthier now than I was a year ago.

No comments: